Saturday, April 11, 2020

Tongue In Cheek - Book Review



Its been long since I blogged but dint want to miss this one for two reasons –one the book is something I wish to remember for long, two- hope to write more .
This book came to my rescue (yes you read that right) when one fine day I was fed up of office-work- constant bogging and bickering that I felt I needed to do something more soul-filling.
Long hours of FB scrolling led to this book recommendation from a long-forgotten Aunt whose post I never miss to read for she shared a loving bond with my mom.
And lo within minutes of me reading her post the Amazon cart was checked out with the kindle version of the book.
What was supposedly a book to be read when I’m bored to death became a constant for my coffee, tea, cab boarding, cab disembarking and every time I could find some me-time.
I started bragging about this book to my husband who wasn’t keen to read though.(The preface of the book was enough for him to understand that the pun was intended)
This book is simple- daily life snippets from a woman’s life with a added tadka and masala for the flavour.
It would be a great read for someone who wishes to see the humour in everyday life’s chores which otherwise seem mundane and boring.
With a great vocabulary and perfect articulation of a sing-song way of writing Currency-Note hit my funny bone with every passing chapter.
There could be so much humour from everyday life seemed breathtakingly fresh and also poignant as it broke few stereotypes that one associates with a woman! 
It is anything but a exaggerated take with literary freedom in full expression.
Steer ahead and read it if you’re married, not married and even planning to get married! It is about to set you on a joyful ride as it shows the otherwise non-glamorous side of life in a humorous tone!

PS: I'm open for such humour book recommendations πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Will definitely read it. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by ! Do read the book and share your thoughts !

      Delete