Thursday, June 18, 2020

In Retrospect



Retrospect- this term has been largely playing in my mind off-late as there's some space for  introspection in these trying times. This could be also due to the fact that there's a single gray hair that's emerged very strong on my head(i'm deeply contemplating to turn it purple) 
First things first ,Retrospective thinking has largely made me feel positive hence this post.

Most times in life one is bogged with questions of why me,when will it ever happen or wish this ends soon. I've been there and done that kind of feeling is what you should feel if you wish to read further!

The uncertainty at that point may seem more stressful but down the line it may not . For instance during a tough talk at office , with a horrrendous temper I lashed out at first. But to my utter shock my last lines were " five months down the lane that mail may become meaningless"

Having said these statements in a fitting rage I realized the effects of those words only later to see them come true. Neither the mail nor the person seem to make any meaning anymore.

On yet another instance ,I had a high-paying career vs my little tot and I chose the latter.It wasn't an easy decision nor a very tough one but having worked for 7 long years with not much break made me appreciate a break but at the same time I yearned to be doing something more as well. I tried my hands at online-selling and I did see some bright-star days. It gave a different opportunity that I would have never chosen if I'd continued to work. And I understood that SAHM parent is different ball game altogether. It isn't easy either. In retrospect the break and career-return have been meaningful decisions in life.

After many failed attempts of setting up my own tiny-garden I gave up on idea of garden. After a lot of introspection I  bought a plant from a nursery knowing some day I'll see it as wither as all the other plants did. But with tested patience and lots of water-care the plant rewarded me with flowers. It may seem cliched incident but gardening teaches you life's most valuable lessons. Now if I've managed to paint a picture of me having a garden full of plants- you're wrong. It's just that I've one flowering plant and I've managed to keep it alive .Five years down the lane this plant may act as a retrospect bud for my then garden :-) 

In essence not everyday  will our life's curveball  seem right but always think of it in this way "Will it make any impact in 5 years down the lane - if yes  introspect else there's an always -" In hindsight,in retrospect " awaiting you . :-)

PC:Google

No comments:

Post a Comment