Thursday, June 20, 2013

Love is in the Air ~ Chapter 6

Chapter 6 
                                                             Chapter 5 (Click to read)

Mia seemed to be at ease with the fact she was getting married soon but not Ransh. Ransh reached his room and threw himself on the couch and then sat up and clasped his face in his hands.
He squeezed his head as much as possible. He had to come to terms with the fact that his girl was no longer his. The very word "my girl" wouldn’t exist anymore.

If Mia had moved on why hadn’t he been told about it.. Was she lying.. was she playing her usual dirty tricks... she was a wizard in insulting him and patiently check his reactions and then happily chide him off as being foolish for believing all that she said...

Many thoughts seemed to run in his mind and felt he was near to death but felt it was better than trying to think about his current situation.Suddenly he realized he could have only one way to check the truth from the mess - he dashed out of his room to where Mia stayed. Mia stayed with the other women in the housing near to the Cathedral. He rushed in a fury walking and running combined.

He reached the doorsteps and waited impatiently after ringing the door bell.The maid opened the door and showed him the direction of the rooms where he could Mia. 
Mia was with some of her other friends and there was Dimple too. Mia and Dimple were having a heated argument. Ransh dint wish to barge into them but left with no choice he darted into the room and spoke "Mia  ... I wish to talk to you..."

Mia looked at Ransh with a funny look and asked Dimple to leave. Dimple was about to tell something when Mia interrupted saying 
"Dimple... he said he wished to talk to me  ... so I feel it would be better if you left than talking to your bosom buddy!”

Dimple hardly favoured Mia's temper and she left with a huge sigh.
Ransh spoke "Mia look at me  ... I mean just look at me.. Do you really mean that you’re getting married to that frog-faced guy... What’s his name...? Daniel.. Dew... Thomas... I just don’t understand.. I demand an explanation...”

Mia replied “Thomas it is! He is an astrophysicist from MIT. He is an awesome guy. He hails from Goa, that’s why the marriage is here and we met through common friends. He was interested in me from day one. He sings, plays the bagpiper and I..."

Ransh interrupted " I'm not demanding a biography of that s#@$3@!! Could you please tell me this is just a joke of yours.. A dumb game play of your brain.. You think too much of yourselves... I just..." he broke down and left in a hurry.Mia dint stop him. 

After few minutes Dimple came back and on seeing a crying Mia, slapped her cheek hard and said “This is no way going to work out  Mia.. You just lost your best .. You think he would always love you... with all those mind games of yours....you just don’t have a heart do  you ?..You’re a devil.. Your just that..your ruining your own life with this ego of yours.. You could have just told him what you were here for.. you just dint , did you.. You ll pay heavily for this Mia.. Your anything but an absolute blunder.."

There was a long pause and the girls who were cross at each other were hugging and Mia was crying uncontrollably. Dimple cleared her choking throat and said "Mia just tell him the truth. I do understand you - you're just a kid wanting to give back for all the pain he gave you but it would destroy him .He already looks distressed and  ..."

Mia wiped her tears and said “I don’t want him to feel happy now. I will handle this.. I'm sure I’ll not lose him.. I know him Dimpy.. but.....(after a few fumbles) has my nose turned too pink... I don’t want people to laugh at me…”

Dimple smiled a faint smile at Mia's pink nose that made her look like a fragile angel crying at her own fate and continued "you look stunning my wedding girl.. You look fine.. Just wash your face and come on.."

The D-day arrived – the Wedding Day.

Ransh was full of remorse and locked himself in his room. He had persuaded Jose to join his family and that he would join them later. Ransh dint feel like making it to Mia's wedding and he looked at every second that ticked in the clock. He felt nervous, unhappy and distraught. He heard the door bell and when he opened he found Mia standing at the door and she looked lovely. Mia was wearing a light yellow gown and it made her appear like the most beautiful bride possible.

Ransh was gloomily admiring her dress when Mia just pulled his hands and said "Come soon you dunderhead ...the wedding is to happen soon .If we could take the limo outside(pointing to the limo outside the house)  we would be just in time.. Come soon you fool...”

Ransh tried to loosen himself from Mia's hands but in vain. The limo driver (who stood obediently opening the limo's door) beamed at Ransh who seemed more than ever puzzled and was trying his best to avoid any embarrassment.

Ransh tried to speak when Mia dumped a muffin into his mouth and said “You just listen to me now and hurry... Please... I beg of you and I'm sure it would make no harm to you...I could get you dressed in the limo .. there is a spare tuxedo in it..”

Ransh was literally dragged into the limo by the driver and Mia . Inside Ransh could find more of "Mia-like" dressed women who were gleaming and blushing at him. He felt strange with so many women chattering around him and stared at Mia with an angry face.

Mia pinched his cheeks and said "Sorry  ... I just had to pull you like that... It’s my best friend Mia's wedding. I'm the bridesmaid...Do you remember that I had shared my name with yet another girl from high-school. Its her.. I just ... "

Ransh felt like slapping Mia hard but knew she was holding his hands harder than before fearing a slap and he loosened himself and said " Well lady please hold me gently.. I wouldn’t slap you"So saying he pulled Mia close and kissed her cheeks hard and then when he reached for her lips the other bridesmaid were cheering him and he felt uncomfortable and let go off a blushing Mia.

Mia blushed and said “This is not how I dreamt this as.. I was to bite your lips and …”

Ransh "Ah..You tiny devil...You're filled with naughtiness.. I was sleepless and suffering for soooo long... I... I just knew you were bluffing but the lengths you go to make it look real..  I just knew.. I feel like ... I feel like killing you for real and getting you to life once again.. I wish....I just knew... but .. still  "

Mia pinched him hard and when they reached the cathedral Ransh was more than happy to attend Mia's wedding- the Mia- who was not his "my girl" after all!






                                          ~~The End ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment