Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Small I

Hey girl, I love you and miss you the same!
How I wish I could be you with a dedicated boyfriend who loves and adores you,takes you shopping and doesn't cringe on the clock running fast,thinks and leads life like just a dream and doesn't need to bother responsibilities!
Oh those lazy  Sundays where it was just you,him ,TV,TV food and TV! (Read skip bath )!
Oh! I could do that parlor visit and spend recklessly both my time and money and groom myself better
Oh My girl how I wish I could wear that figure-hugging dress of yours and not bother about sagging assets!
And Damn those restaurants I could visit and just let the night drift slowly away with a candle light dinner,if I were you!
Those friends with whom I could boast,drool ,dream away am entire day at their place and never bother if it's day or night.
And try to do in depth research on any of my favorite topics from nirvana to the new movie running full house!

And here I'm , with little tweaks from you- young ravishing and carefree woman - a decade older with a husband and an infant!
Nothing much has changed except that shopping time depends on the little "i" in the previous sentence! Food at restaurants mean a bill that includes broken cutlery, dresses that are messed up and worst -sympathetic onlookers not at me but the little "i"

Visit to the parlor is short due to the ticking time bomb left behind at home and even if it happened to be a sweet and well behaved "i" day , my brains are now tuned to disaster mode 24*7 and normalcy is no longer the fad!

Friends are fewer and even a well planned Whatsap call is called off due to varying time zones and I can't sit later than 9 p.m with bloodshot eyes!

The worst  is beautiful, skilled saleswoman trying to stuff  me with  anti-wrinkle creams for  I'm no  longer blush- worthy!

Googling is only having the "i's" age as the keyword and super foods for the often on eating-strike "i"!

Ah the girl of my past,the old me ,here is the deal-I'm the now version of you and if you think life couldn't get screwed more , I'm loving it every bit and  will go through  all  of this again ,just for that little "i" and get better at it! Bring it on!



PC : Shutterstock 

No comments:

Post a Comment