Monday, November 4, 2013

Goodbyes are not forever ~ Chapter 5 !!!

                                                                             Read Chapter 4


" Devils and charming " these words kept ringing in Krithya's mind for long and she heaved a huge sigh and began narrating to Sh how she had met Rana , their own little love story ( or was it one ?) and how it all had ended a few months before when Rana had called it quits.

Sh listened patiently and in the end said "Is he worth all the pain ? I mean look at you, from the quiet, charming nerd ..how you're now? He doesn't seem worth all these pain Kriths. I'm just so confused about this whole thing. Are you still waiting for someone who dumped you for silly reasons? "

Before Sh could continue Krithya cut short the conversation by saying " I really don't know where all this is heading to but I've learnt the biggest lesson - Never to trust anyone. It all seems hard at one shot but the wounds will leave me more stronger. I have stopped being the fussy, every demanding woman Sh... I .. It does pain a lot to be lonely but not much more than the pain of knowing someone never thought you as you thought of them.... 

(Krithya realized that she was about to break down and hurriedly said) I need to really go now. I ...."

Krithya sobbed for a while before bidding adieu to her best friend and she decided to head home instead of getting back to work. In the easiest pretense of being unwell Krithya convinced her manager to give her permission to leave  and she left in a frenzied hurry. Just as she was about to get into her car she heard someone call out to her . She knew the voice so well that she hadn't have to turn around to see the same face she had once fallen for. She bit her teeth hard before turning around and meeting her ex , eye to eye. 

Rana muttered in a low voice " Hi.... I .... "

Even before Rana could speak Krithya interrupted him and said " I m leaving in a hurry , is there anything important ?

Rana bore the face of a forlorn lonely sad bird and Krithya felt she was falling for his innocent charms once again. She brushed aside any thoughts that made her look weak and stood with one brow higher than the other.

Rana sensed the anger in her tone and pleaded " I ... I... I'm sorry.. I guess I was ..."
I was so wrong in leaving you. I was angry and .. I m sorry. After you were gone , I see that there is emptiness in life. I hate everything and everyone around. You complete me...I need you...  Pl forgive me....I'm sorry..."


Krithya not knowing if he was genuine sharply replied " Oh how lovely to see someone who said I was their biggest problem , the worst nightmare and ...."


Rana interrupted " Listen I was so wrong... I agree . I did say so much in momentary anger.. I was blinded by pride... Beyond all of it , you stand important to me... I'm not the only reason for the break up... You were equally responsible ...."


The last few words were enough to infuriate Krithya and she curt bluntly said " Blah... Blah... once again the blame game. Haven't we had enough of it ? Oh well those were your lines , weren't they ? "I blame you and You blame me!" .. How nice it is to hear that I'm the reason for every God damn thing in this relationship... Or... wait wait... were we ever in one.....?"

She continued " Listen MR. I hardly know you anymore.. Your no one to me .. .It hardly matters if what you spoke were wrong or right.. All that matters is you broke my heart by saying you had moved on... You said lets behave like adults and let this relationship off as you felt  it wasn't working , why bother to dig in again then ? Don't you want to be all grown up and behave sweetie ? Life has given you the best and maybe I'm not the one for you.. I found it very hard to digest these facts but now I've and I don't want to go back on it ever! Trust of a woman is hard earned, you don't deserve to have mine... I've moved on and ...And if you really are guilty or ...."


"Kriths.... " , Rana yelled in a voice ebbing with sadness and profound unhappiness... 

Krithya continued " Oh... Please ... You should have thought of all of this before you decided quits.. Anyways ..You cannot be playful in matters of the heart ...  . It doesn't matter because I don't love you anymore.  I hope you understand my privacy and stop calling or disturbing me. It was good knowing you... Good bye"


Krithya turned away from Rana with a heavy heart and bit her lips for saying those last few words but she knew it was best for him and it no longer was wise to hold on to someone who had already gone beyond a point in life. She drove away her car in a hurried manner and stopped at a  distance , shed a few tears and muttered once again to her selves " Its over... " and gave a long pause before deciding to drive again.

She was about to start her car when she heard the spanking of a loud horn from a bike behind. She looked into the rear mirror and was utterly shocked to see Rana behind. She got out of her car in a hurry and rushed to him .

She stared deep into his eyes and yelled " Why are you following me ? Do I look anyway like the famous mobile network that you keep following me like  a pug? Stop irritating me.. I don't wish to be stalked ! "
  
Rana muffled some words and unable to hear him she said "Fine go on.. Speak.... looks like you will never stop until you have finished!"
Rana began "Listen I'm not perfect by any means I have made a lot of mistakes . But the day I left you , it was the biggest among all of them . I .. I was upset, unhappy , spiteful, proud and ...."

Rana struggled for words and he continued after a while " You mean the world to me. I realized that in the time I kept away from you. I truly am sorry. It doesn't matter if you don't love me anymore. I love you . Its more than you ever thought or felt for me. I'm sure I can win you over. I'm really sorry . I have missed you a lot... "


Krithya felt a strong urge to forgive Rana but her wounds stopped her. She dint seem happy to forgive him and neither was she wanting to continue the unhappy chapters of life. She seemed caught between the devil and the dead sea . She walked for a while before turning to Rana and boldly saying "
I'm not sure if this will do any good for either of us. I did miss you loads . I ...."

After recovering her selves  and going closer to him she continued " I'm sorry too.. I love you loads ..But I ..." 


Rana caressed her cheeks and she hugged him with all her might and bit his ear in excitement.




Not all Goodbyes are forever.... 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment