Friday, August 2, 2013

Back to School :)

What a lovely start for a day! I simply jumped when there was an idea to visit a school for an upcoming event at office.
I realized that somewhere my heart was seeking peace and it simply took the first opportunity that came its way. 




My best friend simply yelled "You at work??? At 6.30 ?@ ??!!! Give me a break .You wouldn't wake up !!!"



Breaking all my religious practices(sleep late , wake up late , eat late!)  of mine I woke up at 5.30 am and got ready and hit the roads in a jiffy. For someone who drove in peak hours with all the signals being red for me it was much of a relief to drive with all of them going green. There wasn't much traffic and I reached my office at stipulated time of 7.15 AM! So much for the child in me who craves to go to school every day.

After sometime I boarded the cab with other co-workers and traveled to my favorite place in the city -Kodak (short for Kodambakkam) It is also the place where I had spent some three years of my life.I gazed past at the wonderful place I had left and was about to fall asleep when we suddenly came to a halt and the driver said "that’s the school I guess. I will wait for you folks under that tree there"
Seeing the vibrantly-dressed kids  I jumped out of the car much to the surprise of the driver and slammed the door and walked to the event management folks who were waiting for us.
The co-coordinator realized that I was happy on seeing the children and she stuck a conversation with me"Brings me memories of my school days. It feels good right ??”
I smiled widely and said "Lovely".

 She realized that she had indeed made someone who spoke very less otherwise to talk.We were waiting outside the school contemplating if Mother Superior will welcome us or should we wait until the person from the management team of the school arrived.
As we waited we gazed at the children .The happiness on seeing the children’s pristine white uniform, bright T-shirts, pleated skirts, neatly cut ribbons adorning their heads, brightly polished shoes and innocent harmless smiles was one that I would cherish for long. I simply felt like going back to my school and living that phase because there was nothing so beautiful and innocent and non-polluted as that. It was a feeling of nostalgia mixed with lot more emotions.

The school management personnel arrived and we entered the school very quietly. The school had their annual sports day today and to see the children getting ready for their various performances was rejuvenating.

We walked cautiously and smiled at all the kids who were wondering about us and reached the auditorium.
I clicked pictures of children and moved on to see the auditorium. I saw a photo at the entrance of the auditorium and stood there for in a while I knew that it indeed was a painting! I tried to read the artists name beneath but I couldn't.  I pondered if the artist  was in peace with himself that he could paint God so serene and peaceful.

We discussed the commercials, the arrangements and more with the event management and moved on to start our journey back to office.

The peek-a-boo into the school made my day!


2 comments:

  1. Meendum Palliku Pogalam song came to my mind as I read this post. I am not sure why schools still makes me nervous. I dont dare to go in :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really sad :( but glad that some song came up to your mind while you read :) Thanks for stopping by

      Delete